Camera and Photography Workshop 1 – Wildflower Society of Western Australia – Armadale Branch
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Sunday 13th August 2017
- Environmental Centre, Armadale Settlers’ Common, Triton Crescent, Bedfordale
Understand the fundamentals of photography including how to shoot with manual settings, so that great images can be consistently created, rather than relying on the camera’s Automatic mode. By the end of the workshop, participants will have gained confidence in using their camera in the various shooting modes.
- Learn how to make full use of the buttons and functions of the participant’s Digital SLR/Bridge camera.
- Accomplish correct image exposure so that photos are not too dark or too bright.
- Understand the limitations of Automatic mode, how to work with it and why it’s important that the camera’s manual modes are mastered.
- Compare and use Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO sensitivity in order to consistently create images in Manual mode.
- Discover how to control Depth of Field, producing sharp images which stand out against a blurred background.
- Discover which lenses and flash units to use in various situations and why.
- Understand the different rules to take a well-composed photograph.
- Experiment with exposure, focus, depth of field and composition exercises.
- Participate in critique reviews of images taken throughout the workshop.
- Participants to bring their own (or borrowed):
- Camera – preferably DLSR or DLSM (bridge) – with a mode dial wheel;
- Fully-charged battery and a blank camera flash card;
- Tripod (full size or mini), and
- Camera manual (if a hard copy).
Fees: Wildflower Society members: $20.00 Non-members: $25.00
Maximum number of participants: Fifteen (15)
Want to participate?
- Please indicate your interest in attending this workshop as below. As the number of participants is strictly limited, Wildflower Society members may be given priority. Successful applicants will be notified by confirmation email on receipt of payment.
- Currently the website cannot accept payments for one-off events.
- Pay the amount due via a direct deposit to the Armadale Branch at Comm Bank BSB 066-131 Acct 1038 1766 using your name as the reference.
- Send an email to Armadale.Branch@WildflowerSocietyWA.org.au stating that you have made the payment.