- This event has passed.
Cancelled – Cherie Kemp talks about Land for Wildlife and Nature Conservation Covenants
March 21, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm$5
Doors open at 1.30pm
Cherie is going to talk about Land for Wildlife, in the past and present, and also the value of Nature Conservation Covenants, and the difference between the two DBCA programs.
Cherie Kemp, currently working for DBCA as Nature Conservation Covenant/SW Landuse Planning Officer and teaching at South Regional TAFE, has a vast experience in horticulture and land management, starting her working life in 1984 as a trainee ranger at Mussel Pool/Whiteman Park, and achieving Certificate IV in National Park Management.
Whilst operating a local gardening/landscaping business in Busselton, she studied Certificate III in Horticulture.
Diploma in Business Studies, Office Admin.
Certificate IV National Park Management.
Certificate III Horticulture.
Certificate II, III and IV Conservation and Land Management.
Associate Degree in Education and Training.
Master of Regional Development and Planning, NRM sector.
Trainer and Assessor.
- 1994 – 1997: bought the Dunsborough Banyula Nursery whilst also continuing with landscaping designs with a focus on locally endemic native flora.
- Leeuwin Naturaliste Management Park Advisory Committee with CALM, provided advice on management of the Leeuwin Naturaliste Management Park for approximately 10 years.
- 1997 – 2007: TAFE lecturing position in Horiculture, Land Management and Coastal Land Management.
- 1997 – 2017: Appointed Land for Wildlife officer (CALM)
- 1998 – present: Nature Conservation Covenant Officer (CALM)
- 2018 – present: SW Landuse Planning Officer (DBCA)
- 2018 – present: South Regional TAFE