Have Your Say
Notifications of proposed clearing and projects that may impact the environment are found via the following websites and media:
- Newspapers (in the notifications section)
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation website
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Commonwealth Department of Environment and Energy
The Wildflower Society of Western Australia’s Conservation Subcommittee and the Roadside Vegetation Conservation Subcommittee review these proposals and identify those that it believes may have significant impacts on the flora and vegetation of Western Australia.
The WSWA will be sending in a submission for the following proposals. You can really help potentially save some of these areas or ensure that the government reviews them carefully by submitting your own email or letter.
Clearing Permits open for public comment
8347 Shire of Manjimup – proposed clearing (30 ha) and logging 2000 tonnes of Karri trees
- Reasons for concern: there was no environmental information provided about this proposal other than it supports Karri and the vegetation condition is thus unknown
- Our submission (you are welcome to use the template) click
- Closes 25-3-19
Example of submission letter/email