- This event has passed.
Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show & Spring Festival
September 10, 2018 - September 22, 2018
Please be advised 2018 Wildflower Show season of Western Australia will soon be upon us. Wildflowers are beginning to bloom along the Ravensthorpe roadside, we welcome your attendance to the;
RAVENSTHORPE WILDFLOWER SHOW 10 – 22 September 2018,
VENUE Ravensthorpe Town Hall Dunn Street look for signs. 9am-4pm daily $5 entry
Parking for Caravans / Coaches, Tours welcome, Soup Lunches and Devonshire teas daily
The Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show will be a vibrant celebration of the amazing flora the South East Coast of Western Australia has to offer. The show is internationally recognised as one of the best in the world. Ravensthorpe Regional Herbarium is open for guided visits.
· 10-22 Sept Over 600 labelled specimens on display, collected at the peak of the season
· Floral sculptures, a fascinating Bush Bizo -bush articles including an echidna and chuditch
· 10th Sept 5pm Official Opening with Sue McDougall gardening presenter 6PR & Malcolm French
· Devonshire Teas & Soup lunches available in the historic Community Centre Red Room
· Photography welcomed / Local Craft and souvenir shopping
· Art Exhibition “Fauna in our Flora ” theme Dunnart gallery in close proximity
· 15th Sept Galaxy Country Carnival /Street Parade 2pm; market stalls, shearing demonstration, live music, kids entertainment, Reptile Haven, Petting Zoo, food and wine tasting, fireworks …
· 12, 20, 22 Guided walk with the Rangers of Fitzgerald National Park booking 0407 981 301
· 13 ,18, 21 4WD Wildflower Tag Along Tours, / Guided Bush Walk 16th Register these events https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=379673
· 23rd September Gala Tappers event Hopetoun– booking https:// www.trybooking.com/41276
· Patchwork & Art Exhibition at Grazy Grannys Ravensthorpe
· Hopetoun CRC & Town Hall Photo competition/ Photo stories/ Windspray art exhibition
· Public Art – CBH – Silo Art by Amok Island follow signage for viewing silos
· Coach & Caravan parking look for signs, wheel chair access, Toilets
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience wildflowers in their natural state around the Shire and in the Fitzgerald River National Park 15km west of Hopetoun, which offers spectacular wildflowers, stunning coastal drive, sealed roads.
Bbq, picnic & Toilet facilities.
An Additional interest in the shire is: Kukenarup Memorial (State Heritage award for 2016) a project that was 8 years in the making by the Ravensthorpe Historical society and the Noongar people, an interpretive memorial and it is believed to be one of only two in Australia, just 15kms West of Ravensthorpe on south coast highway, it has a covered area; an informative and historical site with wildflowers; follow the brown signage.
Further information available at www.wildflowersravensthorpe.org.au; Sue Leighton 0407 981 301
Join our Facebook reviews facebook Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show & Herbarium Instagram #ravywildflowers
Yours sincerely Jennifer Biddulph (ph 0428 580 737 )
Ravensthorpe offers an opportunity for visitors to become immersed in the abundant wildflowers, and a vibrant community
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE HERE.